Entries/projects that have been recognized as finalists or
national award winners in another competition, as well as any entry that
has been recognized as a semifinalist in the Christopher Columbus Awards
competition in a previous year, may not be entered into the 2014-2015 Christopher
Columbus Awards competition.
A complete entry consists of five sections: four
written and one visual.
The written entry has:
- All four written sections (Overview, Research, Testing and Solution) should be included in one document.
- Each page must contain the team name, be numbered and have section titles
as shown below.
- Total written entry may not exceed ten 8.5" x 11" pages with
a one-inch margin.
- Text must be 10-14 characters per inch, 12-point type, doubled-spaced.
doesn't include bibliography (additional page).
- Please keep a copy of your entry for your records.
The written entry includes sections titled exactly as follows:
- Section 1: Project Overview (maximum 1 page)
- Section 2: Research (maximum 3 pages)
- Section 3: Testing (maximum 3 pages)
- Section 4: The Solution (maximum 3 pages)
- Section 5: The Visual
The visual presentation is one of the following:
- Mechanical/blueprint drawing (no larger than two 8.5" x 11" pages).
- Diagram (no larger than two 8.5" x 11" pages).
- Photographic series (no more than four photos total and no collages).
- Video presentation (videos can be up to five minutes long in .avi, .mpg,
.mp4, wmv or .mov format).
- PowerPoint presentation (no more than 20 slides maximum; no video elements
inside the slides).
The team and coach have:
- Thoroughly proofread, organized and reviewed the entry for compliance.
- Included the team name, section title and page number on each page of the
- Included the team name on the visual file.
- Kept a copy of the written and visual sections of the entry.
- Uploaded both the written and visual components and
have submitted the Team
Member Information Sheet no later than
March 2, 2015.