Entries/projects that have been recognized as finalists or national award winners in another competition, as well as any entry that has been recognized as a semifinalist in the Christopher Columbus Awards competition in a previous year, may not be entered into the 2013-2014 Christopher Columbus Awards competition.
A complete entry consists of five sections: four
written and one visual.
The written entry has:
- All four written sections (Overview, Research, Testing and Solution) should
be included in one document.
- Each page must contain the team name, be numbered
and have section titles as shown below.
- Total written entry may not exceed ten 8.5" x 11" pages with a one-inch margin.
- Text must be 10-14 characters per inch, 12-point type, doubled-spaced.
doesn't include bibliography (additional page).
- Please keep a copy of your entry for your records.
The written entry includes sections titled exactly as follows:
- Section 1: Project Overview (maximum 1 page)
- Section 2: Research (maximum 3 pages)
- Section 3: Testing (maximum 3 pages)
- Section 4: The Solution (maximum 3 pages)
- Section 5: The Visual
The visual presentation is one of the following:
- Mechanical/blueprint drawing (no larger than two 8.5" x 11" pages).
- Diagram (no larger than two 8.5" x 11" pages).
- Photographic series (no more than four photos total and no collages on
x 11" pages).
- DVD (five-minute maximum length).
- PowerPoint presentation on CD (no more than 20 slides maximum; no video
elements inside the slides).
The team and coach have:
- Thoroughly proofread, organized and reviewed the entry for compliance.
- Included the team name, section title and page number on each page of the
- Included the team name on the visual file.
- Kept a copy of the written and visual sections of the entry.
- Uploaded or postmarked the entry no later than
February 3, 2014.
If uploading the entry entry:
- The team and coach have uploaded both the written and visual components
and have submitted the Team Member Information sheet.
If submitting the entry by mail:
- The team and coach have included both the written and visual components,
have completed and signed the entry application form, postmarked the entry
no later than February 3, 2014 and mailed it to:
Christopher Columbus Awards
105 Terry Drive, Suite 120
Newtown, PA 18940-3425
RETURN TO TOP